NEW BEGINNINGS UMC REOPENS
Our Opening Date will be June 28, 2020. There will be two services – 9:30 and 11:00. Those who are uncomfortable returning to our regular services are encouraged to view the service on Facebook, either live or at your convenience during the day.
- One door opened by greeter as each person arrives or door propped open.
- Door handles wiped as needed
- Members directed to go directly to sanctuary
- Hand sanitizer on front table for all to use
- Gloves and masks are optional (personal preference). Masks will be provided for those unable to bring their own.
- No Congregating in lobby! No coffee service. Please go outside to socialize and use the Social Distancing guidelines.
- Collection box will be at the door of the sanctuary. (No passing of the plate)
- Staggered seating is encouraged. (6 feet rule applies unless family unit wishes to sit together)
- No prayer circle before the service and no hand holding at the Benediction.
- Services will continue to be taped and available on FB.
- No WINGS or Men’s meetings until the Fall.
- Sunday School for John Gingras will continue on Zoom. Call Fred Kratt for meeting of his group.
- Finance, Trustees and Church Council meetings will be held at the discretion of the leader of each ministry (Zoom or in person)
- No Children’s or Nursery at this time. A decision will be made as to a start date as we get closer to the Fall.
- Communion will utilize disposable cups and wafers and the ushers will pass to the congregation on a tray.
- Please try to use the bathrooms one at a time…the trash can will be placed by the door to dispose of the paper towel used to open the door when exiting.
Our reopening is a process under construction. We will change our procedures as we deem necessary for our congregation and needs. Please be understanding as we work out all the necessary procedures.
The church office will reopen on Tuesday, June 23, from 9 to 2. Please call if you have any questions, 770-421-9980.
Thank you from your Church Council!